Essential Points Related to Building Bye-laws
- Application under section 179 of Cantonments Act, 1924 (II of 1924) for erection / re-erection / Make alteration to and / or alteration in / a building.
- Time period allowed for construction is one year from the date of approval of Building plan.
- Extension period. First for one year and 2nd for further one year can be granted, on application, subject to the permission from Board.
- Unauthorized construction will be demolished immediately at the risk and cost of the lessee / owner.
- 2nd floor on residential plot is not allowed.
- After approval / start of construction, the owner / lessee will inform to Cantonment Board / Cantonment Executive Officer for checking of the site work on the following stages.
- At plinth level, structure work up to Door level / roof level of ground floor.
- First floor, structure up to door level / roof level.
- On completion of work of the Building.
- The owner / Architect will be totally responsible for un-authorize / under specification construction work, if any at site.
- For Residential plots the plot ratio of the built-up areas and compulsory open spaces shall be as under:-
Duties of the Building Control Cell are as under: -
- To check the construction activities within their areas of responsibilities and take required action.
- To confirm the construction of buildings according to approved building plans.
- To check the encroachment on CB / Govt land and take required action.
- To keep vigilant check on unauthorized construction and report in the office if any illegal activity is detected.